Job Title: Senior Commissioning Engineer - Constructive
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Compensation: £42,245 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55278
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Commissioning Engineer - Constructive at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Senior Commissioning Engineer - Constructive, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. As part of Disposals Commissioning Group, you'll be responsible for providing design intent assurance to the customer and relevant Design Authorities (DA) through robust inspections, testing and commissioning against design specifications.
Day to day, you'll grow the team to support the various disposal programmes in Devonport. This will be achieved by coordinating the planning and execution of de-commissioning and testing activities relevant, appropriate to project work activities, including the drafting and approval of commissioning documentation.
- Ensuring that DA design intent assurance and delegated authority is applied through all commissioning activities.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Commissioning Engineer's and the coordination of planning and on-board execution of relevant constructive commissioning requirements.
- To operate and manage a relevant look ahead system for commissioning activities to support a plan - enable - deliver management process.
- Providing technical leadership for area of responsibility.
- Providing technical and planning support to the various projects planning and break processes.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard. Some flexibility available on discussion.
Essential experience of the Senior Commissioning Engineer - Constructive:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of commissioning systems on nuclear submarines.
- Knowledge and experience of safe release of systems, Control of Work process and Safe Systems of Work.
- Ability to interrogate and understand complex engineering drawings, specifications and documents.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to the team.
Qualifications for the Senior Commissioning Engineer - Constructive:
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- HNC / D with relevant experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 31/01/2024