Location: Plymouth, Devon
Compensation: £36,620 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55525
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Compliance Engineer at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Compliance Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll support continuous improvements and initiatives in Nuclear Facilities Operations & Maintenance departments, supporting the Senior Quality Engineer in the delivery of a stage 1 internal audit programme.
Day to day, you'll support the team in ensuring manufacture projects and/or replacement equipment is procured using the correct specifications and follows corporate processes and procedures, providing demonstrable evidence of through life implementation.
- Provide support to nuclear facility operations maintenance on quality related matters.
- Provide support to projects at an early stage to define appropriate quality requirements.
- Provide assistance and guidance to projects on requirements of quality records throughout the project life cycle.
- Support review of scopes of work / statement of requirements.
- To undertake desktop documentation audits of Life Time Quality Records (LTQRs) to provide assurance that the records meet specified requirements.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
Essential experience of the Compliance Engineer:
- Previous experience of quality assurance/compliance.
- Knowledge and experience of a quality principal background, including conducting internal audits - Desirable.
Qualifications for the Compliance Engineer:
- Level 3 qualification in engineering (STEM subjects) or equivalent - Desirable.
- Yellow Belt Six Sigma trained / CQI Level 3 qualified or willing to qualify.
- ISO9001:2015 Internal Auditor (UKAS) or willing to qualify.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 30/01/2024