Production Support with FLT
Location: Walsall, WS2 9PL
Pay Rate: £11.50ph, x1.5 OT
Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday
Shift Times - 0900 - 1700
Working Hours - 40 hours
Manpower is hiring a permanent Production Support with FLT for our fantastic client and a chance to be a part of a growing company making a difference!
Our client believes that yesterday's cooking oils should become tomorrow's energy! Delivering and collecting over 250 million litres of waste cooking oil every year, with use of their pioneering technology they are able to recover a waste product that previously went down the drain and turn it into a source of income for businesses, while keeping kitchen and waterways clean and efficient.
As a production support operative your role you will play a key role in maintaining the smooth operations of production and ensuring all deliveries of products to customers are on time. You will oversee the responsibility for the safe and efficient moisture and inclusion processing, production planning, stock control, site administration and ASH cover for the production operative.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Health and Safety:
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and procedures while handling waste cooking oil.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and always follow safety protocols.
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality standards, report any variance, issues, or damages promptly.
- Work closely with other production operatives and team members to achieve daily operational goals efficiently and effectively.
- Follow regulations for handling and disposing of waste cooking oil in an environmentally responsible manner.
Role Duties: -
Moisture & Inclusion processing -
- Inbound site traffic planning, management & liaison with Production team, external hauliers/Lifecycle oils transport/compliance administration.
- Outbound site traffic planning, quality control, management & liaison with Production team, external hauliers/Lifecycle oils transport/compliance administration.
- Receipt of inbound/outbound vehicles - Function as banks person, labelling/triage/sampling of loads, and associated reporting/advice/escalation.
- Conduct regular quality checks on incoming and outgoing products using lab equipment/Work weight bridge systems.
- Provision of data to facilitate commercial administration and claims.
- Production planning & stock control
- Schedule daily production warehouse picks, reconciling the inbound stock with production targets, and associated administration.
- Undertake daily rolling stock takes, undertaking relevant planning tool updates and associated administration.
- Production reporting data completion, and reporting provision.
- Supporting compliance administration - Statutory requirements, HSE, ISCC, etc.
- Ordering/processing of consumables for Production/Engineering
- Receive and plan for site visitors.
- Utilise MHE to cover inbound/outbound loading of LGV's in the event of Absence, Sickness, Holiday.
- Adhering to MHE safety protocols and conduct routine equipment inspections.
Good Manufacturing Processes
- Keep the facilities clean, organised, and free from any hazards using both clean as you go and deep cleaning technics.
- Be open to working extended hours as per the operational needs of the production.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of safely undertaking production activities, adherence to safety guidelines/protocols.
- IOSH working safety
- Computer literate: New Intermediate ECDL + MS Outlook (Email/diary planning), Excel (Build & complete spreadsheets), and Word qualifications
- Math's: GCSE grade 5/6 or grade B
- English: GCSE grade 5/6 or grade B
- Level 2 - office admin payroll/Accounting)
- 1+ years working in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years working with accounting software and their associated processes.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritising as required, devising, and sequencing next steps.
- Using basic problem solving to find solutions to both day to day and recuring issues.
- Verbal & non-verbal communication
- Experience of working collaboratively, and effectively with an ability to communicate efficiently within a team-oriented work environment.
- An understanding of what an orderly and tidy workspace looks like, ensuring efficient storage and easy accessibility of products.
- Possess a valid and up to date Forklift Truck license, with demonstrated proficiency in operating the equipment is desirable.
If you are interested, please don't hesitate to apply now and our team will be in touch.
Join the team and make a difference together!