Job Title: NDT Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Compensation: £38,556 - £46,882 dependent upon experience + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55557
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an NDT Engineer at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As an NDT Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you will have the opportunity to work on various Royal Navy platforms, undertaking a variety of different Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) applications, across the industrial and non-industrial environment.
Day to day, you'll carry out all forms of NDT to a given specification and censor the results to the applicable acceptance standards. This may include undertaking the role of Team Leader as a Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) supervising a mixed team of Babcock and contract staff engaged in carrying out radiographic examinations.
Responsibilities as an NDT Engineer will include:
- Carrying out various Non-Destructive Testing methods and techniques across both naval and commercial platforms as well as facilities both on and off the Devonport site
- Working effectively as part of a team, assisting in meeting cost and timescale targets to help project's deliver on their respective deadlines and milestones
- Being able to communicate with internal and external organisations often providing technical advice on NDT to the customer as and when required
- Undertaking various Personnel Certification (PCN) in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) as required
- Adhering to established inspection procedures and written instructions
- Supporting the NDT Department in the development and application of NDT methods, techniques and procedures to support the operational effectiveness of the Department
This role is a full time role (36 hours) based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
Essential experience of the NDT Engineer:
- Ship/submarine fabrication or refit experience in an engineering discipline, or previous experience in NDT, preferably in an engineering field.
Qualifications for the NDT Engineer:
- You will have an ONC (Constructive/Mechanical based) in an engineering discipline or multi-disciplined PCN level two qualifications is desirable. Craft/Technical apprenticeship.
Please note that this position is subject to national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this will include obtaining SC and NNPPI security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 01/02/2024