Our well established client who provide housing services is looking for a Flooring Fitter to cover Bristol.
Reporting to the Head of Property, you will be responsible for undertaking both responsive and planned maintenance tasks to properties within the business. You will be required to carry out repair/installation as necessary. This role involves working from home with daily travel to carry out repairs and maintenance in the properties where Service Users reside.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Carry out tasks in occupied and empty properties such as the following:
- Cleaning of existing flooring
- Clearing the work area of furniture and sometimes removing doors
- Preparing the surface by cleaning and levelling with compound if required
- Cutting and fitting underlay
- Fixing flooring materials by one of several methods such as stretching over spiked grippers, stitching, taping, heat-sealing or gluing
- Once fitted moving furniture back into place and re-hanging doors
- Fitting of other materials such as wood, laminates and vinyl
- Removal of old flooring to a suitable place
- Other duties as deemed reasonable by the Head of Property Services
- Previous floor fitting experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
SALARY, BENEFITS AND HOURS:
- A company van can be provided, or if you have your own van, you will receive a £4,000 allowance
- Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
- 33 holiday package (25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays)
- Life Cover (2 x basic salary)
- Employer pension contribution (4% employer, 4% employee)
- Laptop/Phone/other equipment if required as part of job role
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual optical examination
- Referral Scheme
- Westfield Health Membership (offering cashback on health services plus discounts for retailers and gym memberships)
The successful applicant will need a driving licence and their own tools. You will be required to undertake a DBS check before employment starts.
Interested in this permanent role, covering the Bristol area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.