Maintenance Optimisation Engineer
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol or Devonport, Plymouth
Compensation: £42,245 - £63,567 dependent upon experience + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Maintenance Optimisation Engineer at our Babcock Technology Centre site in Bristol or our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Maintenance Optimisation Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you will have the opportunity to support the UK's nuclear deterrent.
Day to day, you'll be a pro-active, inquisitive, and capable Engineer who wishes to be part of an inspiring and innovative team tackling some of the submarine enterprises greatest challenges.
Responsibilities as a Maintenance Optimisation Engineer will include:
- Producing Statements of Work (SoW)
- Investigating potential maintenance requirement optimisations
- Scrutinizing existing maintenance requirements
- Analysing in-service submarine defect data and information
- Interpreting standards, policies and Original Equipment Manufactures (OEM) requirements
- Interacting with stakeholders across Design, Engineering, Waterfront, Planning and Supply Chain functions within Babcock, the MoD and across the submarine Enterprise
- Producing and submitting written reports and delivering presentations to the MoD Client.
This is a full time role based on site at either our Babcock Technology Centre site in Bristol or our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
Essential experience of the Maintenance Optimisation Engineer:
- Experience working in a complex engineering environment
- Understanding of maintenance requirement derivation, review and optimisation for engineering systems and equipment
- Awareness of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) approaches
Qualifications for the Maintenance Optimisation Engineer:
- HND, Degree of equivalent qualification (or experience) in an engineering/STEM subject
The successful candidate must be a sole UK National and able to achieve SC, NNPI and ITAR security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 29/01/2024