An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation - our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Persil, Surf, Comfort, Domestos and Cif) have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to be based at our client's prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral.
This is a full time, temporary role for 6 Months, with potential to extend, paying up to £28304 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
U/L is one of the world's leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods. Our products are sold in over 190 countries and used by 2 billion consumers every day. People know us by our brands which include Dove, Suave, Axe, Knorr, Ben & Jerry's ice-cream, and many other brands.
If you have a passion for consumer insights, fragrance, and products, then this opportunity might just be for you.
This role sits within a multi-category team, working alongside the fragrance R&D teams globally across Beauty & Wellbeing, Personal Care and Home Care.
The role will be to provide technical and laboratory support to the Project Leader on coordination and sample preparation to ensure consumer testing can be run smoothly but also, to ensure access to fragranced samples to the R&D fragrance team and the wider team when required. You will be involved in a variety of fragrance and formulation activities, adhering to prescribed procedures and health and safety guidelines.
We are looking for a team player, who works proactively and independently in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Support the Project Leader with samples coordination across different teams.
- Coordinate on-site delivery of fragrances, samples, and consumables.
- Work in a laboratory with a team of people to make consumer product samples such as shampoo, laundry detergent etc.
- Fill samples (bottles, jars…) to send to consumer research agencies for consumer tests.
- Coordinate with logistics and regional teams for sample delivery into different countries.
- Ensure all safety and process are up to date and carefully followed (Risk Assessment, Health Safety, Laboratory Management, Standard Procedures).
- Update project team on challenges and timing changes.
- Update, maintain and verify samples, oils, and consumables inventories.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
We are looking for people with the right mindset, experience, and competencies:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Science or Engineering discipline. Some chemistry background will be great. Curiosity in fragrance and consumer testing is essential.
- Proven ability to plan and organise own work within a technical area.
- Strong teamwork skills. Ability to maintain a network of colleagues across geographies.
- Practical laboratory formulating experience. Awareness of safety within the laboratory including working to standard operating procedures, risk assessment and CoSHH is essential.
- Interest in products, consumer understanding and fragrances
- Highly motivated with resourceful problem-solving skills/practical creativity.
- Ability to communicate around deadlines, network, and challenges.
- Good organisation and time management.
- Digitally enabled.