Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic
Location: Camberley, Hampshire
Compensation: £32,021.35 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55061
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Mechanic at our Minley site.
As a Vehicle Mechanic, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll provide effective Equipment Support (ES) to sustain a level of equipment availability sufficient to meet contract requirements.
- Service vehicles, fixing issues without the use of a diagnostics system, so the ability to investigate and find faults is required.
- Carry out routine maintenance, mechanical and electrical repairs, and modifications on vehicles and equipment.
- Perform equipment and component serviceability inspections. Identify mechanical and electrical faults with vehicle and equipment components, assemblies and systems.
- Ensure all equipment maintenance and repairs are completed in accordance with Army Equipment Support Publications (AESP).
- Carry out before and after use inspections of Lifting Equipment (LE) and work equipment used in the repair process.
This role is full time, 37 hours and based on site at Minley.
Essential experience of the Vehicle Mechanic:
- Health and safety awareness
Qualifications for the Vehicle Mechanic:
- C&G Level 3 Motor Vehicle Studies, equivalent or time served.
- Hold a UK Category B driving licence.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.