Job Title: Project Management Specialist
Location: UK, Flexible Location + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Competitive+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52544
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Management Specialist with Corporate Services Business Unit at Babcock International.
As a Project Management Specialist, As a Project Management Specialist you will create and define best practice for project management activities across Babcock
Day to day, you'll provide management of the project(s) and you must be competent in managing key project aspects i.e. safety, scope, schedule, finance, risk, quality and resources to achieve a project's agreed objectives.
This role sits at Group functional level to create and apply best practice and ways of working for project management activities and capabilities across Babcock.
The role may also involve working within specific Business Units to support project assurance and project delivery activities.
* Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery
* Facilitate, develop and agree requirements , project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages
* Recording and implementation of lessons learned
* Attending and supporting project assurance reviews and actions
The role is adaptable and can be based at various sites in the UK. The role will require some travel every other week to London, Bristol or Plymouth and possible international travel.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing.
Essential experience of the Project Management Specialist:
* Project lifecycle experience working on all or some of the project lifecycle phases from bid phase through to close out. * Experience of applying core project management techniques, with demonstrable ability
* Ideally recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
Qualifications for the Project Management Specialist:
* Academic - batchelors degree and/or project management qualifications (APM PMQ desirable or agreement to attain) * APM membership/similar
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.