Job Title: Commissioning Engineer - Maintenance
Location: Rosyth, UK
Compensation: Competitive+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55424
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Commissioning Engineer - Maintenance at our Rosyth site.
As a Commissioning Engineer - Maintenance you'll be supporting Babcock's current and future ship design and build programmes, including future export variants and other ship build, refit and commercial opportunities in the pipeline.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance of ship equipment and associated register items throughout the life of the build and will also be involved with inspection, test, evaluation, and acceptance of equipment in a wide range of applications. The ability to establish and maintain relationships with Clients, Classification Society surveyors and internal stakeholders and to promote a quality culture will be key to successful project delivery and future business.
Day to day, you'll
* Manage of 'Lifed' items, hoses, flexible bellows etc. from delivery of equipment to the Shipyard through to acceptance of the vessel.
* Ensure safe and timely execution of maintenance and commissioning of plant, equipment and installations in accordance with project & programme requirements.
* Analyse problems related to plant and support system issues, generate & submit solutions complete with all documentation and seek appropriate signatures & approvals as required
* Monitor progress, record test results, witness final testing and acceptance of equipment consistent with design, performance, safety, quality, and technical specifications
* Ensuring all documents meet project configuration control and Quality Assurance processes.
This role is full time Monday to Thursday 7.30am- 5.15pm and will be based in Rosyth.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential experience of the Commissioning Engineer - Maintenance:
* Experience in maintenance and commissioning of plant, equipment, and installations to verify performance in accordance with project & programme requirements.
* Critical thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
* Experienced in creating and maintaining test documentation and analysing test results
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
Qualifications for the Commissioning Engineer - Maintenance:
* HNC/HND level qualification in a Mechanical engineering discipline with experience in relevant field.
* Membership of a recognised professional institution
* Generous holiday allowance
* Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.