Job Title: Senior Project Controller
Location: Ashton Vale, Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54248
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Project Controller at our Ashton House site.
As a Senior Project Controller, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The team currently undertake defect rectification, repair, and overhaul of a wide range of weapon systems and equipment in support of the Royal Navy. All of the weapon's contracts currently operated cover the in-service support for the equipment and are required to meet the equipment availability key performance indicators demanded by our customer.
Day to day, you'll:
- Support the Senior Project Manager in managing the successful delivery of various weapon systems contracts to time, quality and cost, achieving customer satisfaction and internal (financial) targets.
- Be responsible for leading a team to develop a detailed Level 4/5 schedule to operational level aligned to the Level-3 schedule as well as the overarching Level-0 programme. This will be across a programme or in support of multiple projects
- identify and schedule the resources (people/facilities/materials etc..) required to implement the programme
This is full-time role, 37-hours per week with a hybrid working option. You can expect to work onsite at our Ashton House site two days per week.
Essential experience of the Senior Project Controller:
- Proficient in the use of project scheduling software such as Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Planning KPI's
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications
Qualifications for the Senior Project Controller:
- ONC in a relevant construction trade as a minimum or a recognised engineering qualification
- A professional qualification (e.g. APM/Acoste/RICS) or equivalent.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.