We are very excited to be partnering with an esteemed client based in North London
Your previous 5+ years Bid Management experience coupled with a Degree in either Civil Engineering or Construction Management is what we are looking for
Salary up to £80 000 (depending on qualification and experience)
45 Hour work week
- Sound knowledge of construction management or civil engineering with 5 to 10 years' experience at managerial level on a wide range of major construction projects.
- Be able to demonstrate the successful management of bids ranging in construction value from £5m to £20m.
- Passionate about construction, with good career continuity.
- Commercially aware with a great knowledge of construction and engineering within the UK.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and technology.
- Financial Awareness with experience managing construction related budgets and key performance indicators.
- Proven track record managing people, logistics, suppliers, sub-contractors, quality, environment and health and safety in a busy and demanding working environment.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
- Strong business acumen and a proven track record of success
- Team player and leader
- Technical writing skills, displaying creative flair in submissions
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills
- Good IT and numerical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Able to work to tight deadlines in high pressured situations
- A strong command of spoken and written English
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels
- Self-motivated. Capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- An excellent professional demeanour.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience.
- Full Driving License.
- Professional Qualification such as MICE, MCIOB, MRICS, RIBA or APMP
As a Bid Manager, you will plan and manage the bid response process and deliver submission documents in line with the requirements of each tender and in keeping with the bid budget You will be enthusiastic, passionate and ambitious and able to quickly encapsulate our company culture in the submission documents that you prepare. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years' experience in a bid team environment and will be able to demonstrate the successful management of bids ranging in construction value from £5m to £20m.
- Coordinate the overall bid submission process, ensuring they are on time and at the highest possible standard.
- Full co-ordination and leadership of the bid team including the development of responsibility matrix for all bids.
- Timely manage, plan and co-ordinate bid responses for all submissions including reviewing bid text. Contribute to and prepare drafts of text for the submission as required.
- Produce and agree the bid programme identifying key dates for the submission of information, review dates, deadlines and production of bid, whilst assuming a full understanding of the bid deliverables.
- Monitor the receipt of information received against the responsibility matrix, ensuring information is received on time.
- Organising the review of submissions against Client's requirements.
- Manage the bid financial elements ensuring that is fully detailed and agreed.
- Providing internal feedback on team responses, working together to ensure a submission of the highest standard is achieved.
- Manage any pre-construction design requirements for the tender and manage design; Propose alternative design solutions if required and maintain a knowledge of alternative technical solutions.
- Arrange, attend and chair bid team meetings, to issue updates, clarifications and share best practice.
- Review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learnt to promote continuous improvement. Provide relevant feedback to Senior Management and other stakeholders as required.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Long Service Scheme
- Car allowance (if deemed business user) - £5,670 per annum
- Access to Group Pension Scheme after completion of probation
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover if joining pension scheme
- Healthcare cover for employee only
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme & Medicash after successful completion of probation
- CSR Programme (3 days supported per annum)
- Continuous Development Opportunities