Job Title: Semi-Skilled Mechanic
Location: Sennybridge, Powys
Compensation: £26,684 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent or Fixed Term Contract
Role ID: SF55326
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Semi-Skilled Mechanic at our Sennybridge site.
As a Semi-Skilled Mechanic, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be involved in the repair and overhaul of vehicles, assemblies, and general equipment.
Day to day, you'll service, repair and maintain armoured vehicles, diagnose, repair mechanical and electrical defects, along with:
- Carrying out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the job card in accordance with the customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, processes and other approved technical publications
- Ensure all job transactions are accurately recorded and carried out in accordance with current ERP processes and that work completed and time taken to complete the job is submitted daily to the department / section Supervisor
- Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety in the work area is maintained at all times
This role is full time and will be based at Sennybridge on site.
Essential experience of the Semi-Skilled Mechanic:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work on own initiative or part of a team
- Relevant proven experience in the automotive Industry
Qualifications for the Semi-Skilled Mechanic:
- NVQ Level 2 or City and guilds level 2 in an automotive discipline
- Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 02/02/24