Manpower are looking for an Operations Assistant for maternity cover for our shipping client based in Rugby, Warwickshire.
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months Maternity Cover
Monday - Friday
08:30 - 16:30 (37.5 hours a week)
Salary: £25k-£26k per annum dependant on experience
The Operations Assistant is responsible for imports and exports of worldwide shipments and cross trade consignments, ensuring all activities are undertaken to maximise levels of customer satisfaction and in strict compliance with export and other shipping regulations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of shipping/transport quotations
- Preparing invoices, packing lists, collection/despatch notes and any other related export documentations
- Processing of supplier and customer invoices and ensuring costs are correct
- Expediting shipments and dealing with queries
- Entering bookings into an in house shipment software
- Booking despatches with hauliers/forwarders/despatch depots
- Answering the telephone,emails and expediting orders and shipments
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Knowledge of shipping methods and terminology
- Understanding of logistics business
- Proven experience in an operations assistant role within a freight forwarding environment
- Experience of MS Office programs
- Excellent numeracy skills, attention to detail, time management and communication skills
- Proven customer service experience
- Desired knowledge of customs procedures
Please apply now, February 2024 start date!