Job Title: Senior Risk Manager
Location: Warrington, Cheshire + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits Role Type:
Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53814
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Risk Manager at our Warrington site.
As a Senior Risk Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll drive and embed risk as a core point of consideration for projects and the wider business, encouraging all staff to adopt a risk-based decision-making mindset.
Day to day, as a risk subject matter expert, you'll provide quality assurance and control guidance, as well as some project facing work (maintaining and developing risk registers, risk modelling, with reference to scheduling cost.) Using your knowledge and previous experience, you will feedback on the risk models and reporting in relation to the critical assurance of the model and guidance around its implications.
You will also regularly liaise with clients in relation to feedback and questions, also acting as a point of escalation for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating and delivering risk meetings with project/programme teams and potentially with clients.
- Providing follow up of risk mitigations and guidance between meetings to any stakeholders involved.
- Attending relevant project meetings to keep up to date on project/programme progress and advise on risk.
- Provide guidance and quality assurance to junior risk colleagues in relation to their general service delivery and risk models.
- To act as a subject matter expert and designated point of contact for risk management queries, bids/tenders and escalations.
This role is full time, 37 hours based on site at Warrington, with hybrid working from home arrangements. There is a requirement to work across a range of Babcock sites including Bristol, Newbury and Leicester.
Essential experience of the Senior Risk Manager:
- Prior experience in a risk management role, with demonstrated experience of leading or supporting a risk community in their position
- Prior experience of risk modelling, with hands on experience in preparing the model on a relevant risk modelling software
- Prior experience leading on the delivery of a risk management service in a project environment
- Proven ability to provide constructive feedback on risk management policies and procedures with a solutions-focused approach
- Ability to integrate into a project delivery team
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 31/01/2024