An opportunity has arisen within the Internal Communications Team aligned to the Technical and Safety Department.
This position is suited to someone who has previous communications experience working in a fast-paced environment, dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
Typical working hours are 37 hours per week, working the following pattern, although flexible working can be discussed based on business need:
Monday to Thursday - 8.30-16:45
* Friday - 8.30-15:00
Employment will be via salary is dependent on experience starting from dependant on experience.
The role holder will spend the majority of their time based in the Technical and Safety Department, whilst reporting to the Communications Lead to ensure alignment between the Safety Communications Plan and the Communications Strategy.
- Ensure high standards are maintained though all safety communications
* Ensure company values and behaviours are maintained, and support the company reputation through all communications
* Work with and develop the safety communications network across the station by effectively managing stakeholders by offering friendly, high level safety communications support and advice Collaboration
* Attend key Safety Meetings - share slides, take notes and issue via SharePoint
* Work with Internal communications lead to ensure all safety communications are aligned to the communications strategy
* Support the technical and safety Department in event management for key station safety activities
Creation of communications
* Development and management of safety communication displays both electronic and non-electronic
* Creation of multimedia communications, including writing articles, and creation of the Station's safety magazine, filming, photo taking and visual aids for promotion of key station safety activities
* Collate presentation packs for the technical and safety department
* Data retrieval, collation and reporting
* Maintain and update the safety SharePoint page and collate analytics
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft packages such as word, PPT, SharePoint, Excel and Adobe creative cloud, illustrator, InDesign, acrobat, Photoshop as well as written and creative communications.
There is also a requirement to analyse, present data, and have the ability to effectively plan and prioritise workload to meet deadlines. It is essential, as is the willingness to work flexibly.
This role would suit someone who is self-driven with the ability to learn new information quickly. We are looking for someone who is confident at communicating with individuals at all levels, providing first line communications.
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis until December 2024 with scope for extension.
You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS Level.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
- 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Access to client facilities onsite
- Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
- Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
- Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment
If successful, you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary assignment at our client's site and will need to undergo BPSS checks as well as a drug & alcohol test.
Unfortunately, due to the number of CVs received we are unable to contact everyone in person. If you have not heard from Manpower within 15 business days of submitting your application, unfortunately, your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.