Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Location: Donnington, Telford + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: £39,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55436
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor (HSE) at our Donnington site.
As a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll make a real difference, working in diverse and complex industrial environments, advising all levels of the business on HSE matters in support of strategically significant national projects your work will help ensure all go home safe every day.
Day to day, you'll provide guidance and support to operational staff and managers upon the means of managing health, safety and environment risks and implementing the requirements of company HSE standards, identification and application of best practice and the development of a positive health and safety culture throughout the workforce.
- Working with site managers and operational staff to ensure compliance with current legislation and customer Joint Service Publications and Babcock HSE polices and processes
- Provide expert advice to the contracts and site on how to implement current and future legislation, company policies and standards.
- Review site risk controls and HSE safety arrangements and provide sensible and competent guidance to operations
- Review and identify opportunities in collaboration with operations to improve Risk controls.
- Conduct and coordinate HSE auditing and monitoring reviews and produce effective learning from such audits etc
- Continually review the suitability and application of current policies and procedures on sites and contracts
This role is full time and will be based at Donnington onsite with hybrid working from home arrangements. There is a requirement to travel to other Babcock sites as part if the role and poentially international travel.
Essential experience of the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor:
- Previous experience in a HSE role preferably engineering or high-risk industry
- Membership of IOSH or equivalent professional body at technical or greater grade
- Full UK driving licence
Qualifications for the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor:
- Certificate (L3) in Health and Safety / HSE or equivalent qualification or be working towards
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Company car or car allowance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 30/01/2024