Job Title: Aircraft Technician
Location: Albrighton, West Midlands
Compensation: £30,835.08 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55625
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Aircraft Technician at our RAF Cosford site.
As an Aircraft Technician you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Support all aircraft engineering, line, and depth maintenance; scheduled servicing and corrective maintenance all other engineering related activities and services on Company Aircraft and Equipment including Check A maintenance as required to always meet or exceed customer expectations and LAFT2 contractual needs.
Day to day, there will be some general duties as required, including (but not limited to), aircraft cleaning, housekeeping, Flight-line operations i.e. Preparation of aircraft for daily flying, "see-in" and "see-off", fuel and oil replenishment and other responsibilities as allocated by the LAE.
This role is full time and based onsite at RAF Cosford, However, the company may, on occasion, ask you to deploy temporarily to other sites or support detachments at other operating locations.
Essential experience of the Aircraft Technician:
- Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
- Driving Licence.
- Aircraft engineering experience.
- Knowledge of MOD Engineering procedures/documentation.
- Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
Qualifications for the Aircraft Technician:
- Recognised Aircraft Apprenticeship, Military experience or NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve CTC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 05/02/2024