Manpower Recruitment are recruiting for a Full-Time Permanent Business Development Manager
The role is working 36hrs per week- with working days Monday-Friday, and paying £45,000pa
To deliver the company Business plan, realise a pipeline of investable community energy projects going forward.
You will play a key role, working closely with the Operations Director, our subcontractors and other technical experts and consultants. You will work to a fixed expectation of annual project delivery in terms of capex and projected IRR.
The role is a pro-active, technical, and consultative sales position. The post holder will represent and grow the Companies reputation as a trusted local partner, contacting potential project partners and developing projects that embody the Hub's ethos.
Initially the role will cover the complete project cycle, from first contact, through development, construction to project completion and hand-over to the Operations Team.
The post holder will share our values and understand our mission; someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment of continuous change.
Lead on delivering a marketing and lead management plan for community funded rooftop solar projects:
- Audience specific market materials
- Audience specific pitch presentations
- Audience specific proposal templates
- Identify potential partners, attending professional network meetings as required
- Deliver associated resourcing plans
- Work with existing partners to obtain recommendations
- Develop and maintain systems and processes for managing contacts and opportunities over time
- Capturing learning and evolving marketing methods
- Negotiate contracting arrangements on a project-by-project basis including lead negotiator for PPA's (Power Purchase Agreements)
- Keeping the wider Hub team aware of progress at team and project meetings
- Deliver a pipeline of community energy projects for review by the Investment Committee and manage approved projects through to completion
- Develop a pipeline to ensure the Hub delivers a minimum of £600,000 of projects per rolling calendar year (To be measured by the completion of roof lease agreements) figures subject to amendment from your line manager. Ensure projects have an average IRR of >7.5%
- Any additional duties as directed by senior management
With the support of the Investment Committee, manage the complete project cycle for installation projects, securing all required consents and tendering installation.
Assist with early contract management of subcontractors and management of relationships with project hosts, arranging handover to the Operations Project Manager at the appropriate stage.
Essential Skills and Experience
Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to network and identify opportunities through collaborative working.
Proven negotiation skills in both business development and offtake agreements such as PPA's.
A strong working knowledge of solar PV installation projects.
Demonstrable project management experience including delivery of complex projects.
A project management accreditation such as Agile, PRINCE2 or equivalent practitioner experience (Desirable).
Demonstrable experience working with subcontractors and technical experts to deliver projects.
Thrives in an SME or start-up environment and can work at speed in a constantly changing environment.
An experienced people manager (Desirable) and a team player.
Hands-on and self-sufficient.
- A practical understanding of electrical PV systems, or similar related project workings
- HSE experience, qualifications, and training in previous roles
- Experience of working in a variety of site environments including working at height on roof spaces
- Understanding and on-site supervision of small building works and maintenance
If interested please get in contact with a Manpower Representative.