Procurement Manager (Indirect)- Walsall
£47,500 -50,000 plus a monthly car allowance
We have a new requirement for an experienced Procurement Manager to join the team.
You will support the efficient procurement of non-production goods and services including engineering equipment and services. Responsible for developing and implementing procurement strategies, negotiating contracts, and building strong relationships with suppliers. The successful candidate will have a strategic mindset, excellent negotiation skills, and a proven track record of driving cost savings while maintaining quality standards.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop and implement a procurement plan aligned with the organisation's objectives.
- Identify potential suppliers, conduct negotiations, and establish partnerships to secure advantageous terms.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, potential suppliers, and cost-saving opportunities.
- Evaluate and monitor supplier performance, including quality, delivery, and pricing.
- Negotiate and finalise contracts for goods and services with suppliers, ensuring terms are favourable for the company and meet all requirements.
- Work with legal advisors, Finance, and other relevant departments to review and approve contracts.
- Implement cost-saving initiatives without compromising quality or service.
- Analyse and report on key procurement metrics.
- Work closely with business departments, such as finance, engineering, operations, and logistics, to ensure alignment in procurement activities Identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
What skills / Qualifications do I need?
- Proven experience as a Procurement Manager or in a similar role.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Proven contract/supplier management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with procurement software & tools, procurement regulations, contract law, and ethical practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field preferred.
- Certification in procurement practice/MCIPS accredited or working towards also preferred.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Monthly Car allowance
- 20 days + 8 bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health Cover - Bupa
About the Company
We believe that yesterday's cooking oils should become tomorrow's energy and that your business waste can be recycled into green energy to power festivals or simply help to support our National Grid. Through pioneering technology, they can recover a waste product that previously went down the drain and turn it into a source of income for your business, while keeping your kitchen and waterways clean and efficient.
This is an excellent new permanent full- time hybrid role working 3 days in the office and based from home. If this sounds like you, then apply for this job today!