Job Title:Driver Specialist
Compensation:£27,337.00 + Benefits
Role Type:Full time / Permanent
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Driver Specialist at our Warminster site.
As a Driver Specialist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll facilitate the receipt, storage, issue and distribution of vehicles and equipment across site.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for the loading and unloading of specialist vehicles on and off ships, rail and heavy equipment transporters.
- Movement and marshalling of vehicle/equipment where currency and competencies allow, throughout processing including towing when required to/from various on-site locations.
- Carry out general vehicle/equipment husbandry (oil leaks, deflated tyres and any other related activity including refuelling, washing and cleaning (internal/external) of vehicle/equipment's) prior to movement to/ from storage areas.
- Vehicle/equipment fault reporting where appropriate to line management for repair or rectification as required
- Loading and unloading of vehicle equipment
- Loading containers using a forklift where necessary where currency and competencies allow
This role is full time, 37 hours and based on site at our Warminster site.
Essential experience of the Driver Specialist:
- Training provided on all trucks / tanks
- Ability to work in a team or on own
- IT proficient - Excel - desirable
Qualifications for the Driver Specialist:
- Category 'C+E' driving licence
- MHE License - Desirable
- Cat H (track license) but can provide training - Desirable
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.