Job Title: Facilities CAD Draughtsperson
Location: Ashchurch, Tewkesbury
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55335
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a CAD Draughtsperson at our Ashchurch site.
As a CAD Draughtsperson you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Surveying and accurately recording rooms, buildings and associated building services, to produce drawing sets confirming to Drawing Office standards, using approved software packages.
Day to day, you'll survey and accurately record rooms, buildings, and associated building services, as well as:
- To produce drawing sets to conform to established Drawing Office standards.
- To provide finished documentation to the customer withing agreed timescales.
- To use Microsoft Access databases to record drawings.
- To use ORACLE database to record drawing task progression.
- To provide infrastructure design capability as required
This role is full time and based onsite at Ashchurch, Bristol.
Essential experience of the Facilities Draughtsperson:
- The ability to draw accurately from surveyed data in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD 2024 incorporating AutoCAD Architecture 2024
- To demonstrate a desire to learn new surveying and processing techniques.
- To demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to maintain good customer, contractor and peer group relationships.
Qualifications for the Facilities Draughtsperson:
To hold a relevant qualification and have experience in AutoCAD drawing techniques.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role. The role will require you to eventually undertake DV Security Clearance,
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.