Job Title: Driver
Location: Minley, Hempshire
Compensation: £25,000-28,000 (depends on licences held) + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55602
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Driver at our Minley site.
As a Driver, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be supporting the Royal Engineer troops operating on site and in the field on training and on tactical operations. You will be responsible for providing a transport service, which includes driving a variety of military and civilian vehicles, on and off road.
Day to day, you'll:
* Drive eligible personnel and/or equipment to and from the appropriate training exercise or other entitled military duty and ensure their safe carriage
* Drive any one of the multi-disciplined vehicles including the PSV & LGV fleet
* Complete Before, During and After Use Checks
* Perform Level 1 maintenance tasks
* Complete department administrative tasks, when required
* Deal with day-to-day customer queries in a professional, positive and enthusiastic manner
* Contribute towards the continuous improvement of the Fleet department
This is full time position based on site with core hours 8am-16.30pm Monday-Friday; however, the operation runs up to 24 hrs a day so there is opportunity for you to increase your salary with shift allowance, overtime or additional tickets i.e.,ADR, HIAB
Essential experience of the Driver:
* Practical experience maintaining roadworthiness of vehicles
* In depth understanding of driver's hours regulations, either; as per JSP800 Vol 5 or EU regulations
* Experienced in load restraint and load safety
* Experienced in off-road driving
Qualifications for the Driver:
* Hold Full Driving licence with minimum Category C or D
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC Clearance security clearance for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.