Job Title: Workshop Manager - Maintenance Repair and Overhaul
Location: Bovington, Dorset
Compensation: £46,805 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent or Fixed Term Contract
Role ID: SF55587
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Workshop Manager at our Bovington site.
As a Workshop Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll lead, inspire, support and manage people enabling teams to deliver the required outputs efficiently and safely.
Day to day, you'll manage the businesses operational resource in order to safely deliver the required output against the plan(s), mentor and develop staff, make decisions on resource allocation and movements between work centres.
- Managing employee relations (recruitment, disciplinary, grievance, welfare)
- Performance management (including objective setting, appraisals, managing poor performance, reward/recognition)
- Managing resource levels (absence management, annual leave, use of overtime)
- Delivering Company and site-specific communications
- Managing skills and competencies of staff
- Allocating resource efficiently to deliver Direct Labour Utilisation (DLU) targets
This role is full time 37-hours per week and will be based at Bovington on site.
Essential experience of the Workshop Manager - Maintenance Repair and Overhaul:
- Competent PC user (MS Office, MS Outlook, SharePoint, ERP system)
- Previous people management experience
- Ability to challenge and have awkward conversations
- Make rational decisions based on information available
Qualifications for the Workshop Manager - Maintenance Repair and Overhaul:
- Educated to Level 4 in National Qualification Framework (NQF) as a minimum (Higher apprenticeship, HNC, Level 4 NVQ) or equivalent workplace experience.
- Completed relevant managerial Health and Safety qualification (e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH, British Safety Council)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 30/01/24