Job Title: Make Ready C1 Vehicle Preparation Operative Driver
Location: Croydon, London
Hourly Rate: £12.26ph
Working Hours: 27 hours from Thursday to Saturday, 23:00 - 09:00am
Manpower is currently seeking Make Ready C1 Vehicle Preparation Logistic Operative Driver to collect, clean and move vehicles as required, ensuring they are ready for staff use at the start of their shift you will also be responsible to pack consumables into pouches following defined processes, make sure that the vehicle and equipment are fit for purpose, including routine checks, replacing and arranging for servicing of equipment, and ensuring that the vehicle contains the appropriate level of equipment and consumables.
- Ensure that all vehicles are clean, restocked, and in the right location.
- Use a hand held device to receive tasks and log work completed.
- Provide real-time data that allows vehicles to be utilised appropriately.
- Pack consumables into pouches following defined processes.
- Make sure that the vehicle and equipment are fit for purpose, including routine checks, replacing and arranging for servicing of equipment.
- Deep clean vehicles to standard and in accordance with the servicing scheduling.
- Support the provision of optimum stock levels to ensure that critical service delivery is maintained and in line with operational requirements.
- Make ready the vehicles at the specific hubs, complex and its satellite stations in line with 4 steps process.
- Clean the vehicles inside and out, as per the method statements and risk assessments.
- Ensure vehicle daily inspection (VDI) process is completed thorough electronic auditing system.
- Ensure that all major equipment in the ambulances, e.g. Stretcher, Defibrillators etc. are in good working order and checked daily with records updated appropriately.
- Undertake a deep clean of the vehicles on a six-weekly basis, as directed by management team.
- Ensure that all 'under the bonnet' checks are undertaken and report to management team anything that needs replenishing or any issues.
- Follow the company driving policy and highway code when driving any vehicle.
- Always assess company and service vehicles before driving to ensure its safe and road worthy.
- Drive the vehicles to the nearest fuel station and refuel or use of bunkered fuel in accordance with procedures.
- Reporting of any hazardous, dangerous or defective equipment on premises, in use or practices to you
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in a logistics or similar role, with a C1 license entitlement.
- Good understanding of vehicle maintenance and cleaning procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- This position is part-time and will require working nights and weekends.
- The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.
- The position requires the ability to lift and move heavy objects.
Benefits of working with Manpower?:
- 24/7 Support
- Weekly Pay
- Online Discount Codes, Special Offers with great National Companies
- View Payslips Online
- Holiday Allowance
If you are a highly motivated and organised individual with a passion for logistics, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this position.