Recruiting now for Match 2024 starts
Shift work including days/nights & weekends (must be fully flexible)
(Temporary leading to Permanent job roles)
Nippon Electric Glass (NEG) are the world's leading manufacturer of speciality glass. They are currently looking for production operatives to work at their plant in Wigan producing glass fibre for the NHS and the automotive, renewable energy and aerospace markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join their team and be part of a forward-thinking, people-focused company where everyone works together to ensure the continued growth of the organisation. You will be offered a competitive salary plus a range of benefits.
- A salary of £27,500 upwards per year paid weekly plus potential earnings of up to £40kpa with overtime
- 20 shifts annual leave per year (217hrs)
- Manpower pension scheme initially
- Full training and aftercare provided
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site gym facilities
- Food vending facilities
- Subsidised employee events
- Extra Rewards - offering vouchers and discounts
Following successful completion of your training programme you will be required to operate machinery within a safety and quality driven production environment, striving to achieve production targets and maximise efficiency.
You will run a small bank of machines on one of our two furnaces, moving glass fibre bobbins using lifting equipment and powered industrial vehicles and checking all product conforms to the quality standard.
The packer/end-finder role involves a variety of tasks including packing the finished product onto pallets (using lifting equipment), moving completed pallets with the use of powered industrial vehicles and working on the bobbins to ensure they meet specification and are presented correctly for our customers.
In both roles you will be responsible for working safely, meeting quality standards and adhering to your training.
What are we looking for?
- Must be punctual, positive and have good attention to detail.
- Someone who can be trusted to work alone but also works well in a team environment.
- Experience working within a similar role/environment is desired but not essential.
- As the site is operational 24/7/365 you must be willing to work 12-hour shifts (including every other weekend).
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now by uploading your CV!