Manpower are currently recruiting for production operatives to work on a permanent basis on behalf of a local adhesives manufacturing client based in the Walton-Summit Preston area.
Working hours: Monday - Friday (Rotating shifts)
Week 1- 06.00am-14.00pm
Week 2- 14.00pm-22.00pm
Week 3- 22.00pm-06.00am
Salary: £22,231 basic + £5,250 shift allowance per annum
Location: Walton- Summit, Preston (PR5 Postcode)
Permanent opportunity with immediate starts available.
Reporting directly to the production manager your job duties will involve:
- Preparation of raw materials and packaging: identifying & preparing the right quantities and transport them to the appropriate production area, reporting any deviation from normal, note start and finish of process
- Operating processing equipment in line with process instructions and procedures
- Complete the initial testing and release of products in order to ensure that there are no deviations to specifications
- Monitors equipment, keeping processes running at desired run rates.
- Check labels & packaging material, ensure correct labelling following the existing rules and instructions
- Carry out all operations in compliance with the expected Quality Standards and Operating procedures of HBF and Respecting all legal and company EHS-rules.
- Carry out any other duties requested from the Production & Planner Supervisor
- Previous experience working in production
- Experience working with chemicals advantageous
- Ability to read & understand work orders, production processes/health & safety regulations
- Availability to work rotating shifts
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with some manual handling/heavy lifting involved.