Manpower are now recruiting for a Transport Clerk for one of our major clients based in Widnes. This is on a temp to perm basis working night shifts.
Location: Widnes - WA8
Working Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 07:00-16:00
As a Transport Clerk your duties will include:
- Ensuring all administrative traffic duties are carries out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- To complete thorough debrief with drivers.
- To ensure that details of vehicle accidents are escalated to line management.
- To ensure that defected vehicles are recorded, and defect processes are followed.
- To ensure that the procedure for damaged deliveries is followed where necessary.
- To use all IT based systems in the effective delivery of their role including Microlise, Tachomaster, Trailermaster and R2C
- Ensuring that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information to both internal and external customers as required e.g., Debrief and driver, dealing with customer issues etc.
- To ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety requirements highlighting any concerns to line management
- Conduct relevant QHSE activities: Care Cards, Bsafe, Safety Conversations etc.
- To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities.
- To demonstrate the Company Values in the undertaking of their role.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks required.
- To always display the highest standards of customer service.
- To undertake any relevant training events in line with own personal development needs and business requirements.
A Successful Candidate will have:
- Experience within a similar role.
- Ability to take on a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent IT Skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Be comfortable working night shifts.
- To be able to adapt and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Administrative experience
If this role is of any interest to you, click apply now for immediate consideration!