Manpower are now recruiting for a Transport Planner for one of our major clients based in Widnes.
Location: Widnes - WA8
Working Hours: 07:00-19:00 (4 on 4 off)
As a Transport Planner your duties will be:
- To ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- To allocate drivers to routes and vehicles, to ensure the cost-effective deployment of manpower and the achievement of contractual delivery times.
- To liaise with your line manager to ensure the effective use of hire vehicles/sub-contractors minimising the cost impact to the business.
- To ensure that details of vehicle accidents are escalated to line manager.
- To ensure that defected vehicles are recorded on traffic sheets.
- To ensure that the procedure for damaged deliveries is followed where necessary.
- To achieve weekly and monthly KPIs as set by the business and / or Customer Service Level Agreements, escalating any issues impacting on these to line management.
- To use all IT based systems in the effective delivery of their role including Microlise, Excel, Tachomaster,Trailermaster.
- Ensures that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information to both internal and external customers as required e.g., debrief of drivers, dealing with customer issues etc.
- To ensure that all traffic planning activity is undertaken in line with legislative requirements e.g., RTR etc
- To ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety requirements highlighting any concerns to line management.
- To support the management team in the development of other colleagues.
- To demonstrate the Company Values in the undertaking if their role.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as required.
- To undertake any relevant training events in line with own personal development needs and business requirements.
A Successful Candidate will have:
- Experience within a similar role.
- Ability to take on a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent IT Skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- To be able to adapt and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Administrative experience
If this role is of any interest to you, click apply now for immediate consideration!