Job Title: Material Inventory Planner
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working
Compensation: £36,620.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 54785
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Material Inventory Planner at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As a Material Inventory Planner, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. As a member of our Devonport Central Operational Team, you will be assisting in the ongoing industrial support of the Navy relating to new aircraft carriers, surface combatants and submarines, and infrastructure.
Day to day, you'll be in charge of planning, controlling and managing Inventory requirements to ensure availability meets operational demands; the role is tasked with providing material and inventory analysis on a unit by unit basis, controlling and optimising opportunities where they prevail, mitigating any potential supply risks and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Managing project material requisitions through Babcock's ERP systems
- Reviewing inventory levels with a view to taking corrective action where identified
- Optimal planning of inventory for planned / scheduled and emergent / ad Hoc works
- Forward planning to identify long lead risk materials & feedback to project & planning
This role is full time - 36 hours and will be based onsite at Devonport Royal Dockyard with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Material Inventory Planner:
- Some experience in use of MPS and MRP systems
- Experience in inventory planning and control techniques
- Experience with Microsoft office applications, including MS Excel
- Able to work under own initiative and complete tasks on time
An innovative team player, detail orientated and with the capacity to see the bigger picture
Qualifications for the Material Inventory Planner:
- We will accept applications from candidates suitably qualified by experience
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.