We are recruiting for a Finance Analyst for our client; Lockheed Martin (Aerospace) at the Havant site in Hampshire, UK. This is currently a 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension but not guaranteed.
The position is full time 37.5 hours over a four-day week Monday - Thursday with every Friday off. The salary is between £28,000 and £48,000 per annum depending on experience, education, and skill set, however, some training will be given with regards to the systems etc.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Provision of data analysis from ledger and ancillary sources as required. Use of spreadsheets and other financial system tools to assist in analysis
- Significant usage of SAP accounting system in performance of the accounting tasks
- Reconciliations and correcting entries
- Posting month end and year end journals
- Invoicing/Cash collection
- Assisting with external audit work, dealing directly with the auditors
- Internal controls testing
- General knowledge of business and financial matters
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets (Excel)
- Able to work to specific deadlines and balance a number of competing priorities
- Attention to detail, accuracy and articulate
- Strong commitment and high motivation required
- Capability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to liaise with multiple departments and auditors
- The person should be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Integrity to ensure the 'right thing' is done.
- Double entry bookkeeping knowledge