Manpower is recruiting a Medical Secretary to work for our public sector client, the NHS.
You will be responsible for proving comprehensive secretarial support to the Gastroenterology Department, maintaining a direct and close working relationship with the Consultant/Medical staff, Nursing Team, Medical Secretaries as well as other support staff within the Department.
This challenging position requires someone who has experience of working on their own initiative, who is a team player, flexible approach to work, organised and is able to work well under pressure. The successful candidate will need to be an experienced typist, qualified to RSA Typing/Word Processing Level III (or equivalent qualification). This position also requires good communication skills, the ability to meet the demands of working in a busy environment and is able to represent the department with due professionalism.
If you have drive and enthusiasm, and are suitably qualified, this post will offer an exciting new challenge.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing a highly specialised comprehensive and confidential secretarial service
- Audio transcription of clinic letters, medical reports, operation notes
- Diary management, arranging meetings and appointments
- Obtaining investigations results
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Filing of documents
Essential qualifications and experience:
- RSA II or equivalent qualification in Audio typing/word processing or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience as audio typist/secretary within the NHS
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Able to function efficiently under pressure and able to meet strict deadlines.
Temporary, minimum of 12 weeks
This is a temporary assignment. We are looking for someone to start immediately once we have obtained satisfactory references and DBS check.
Apply now with an up to date CV.