We are supporting our reputable client in the recruitment of a Flatt Manager. Reporting to the Head of Operations. Providing support to depot and terminal based fleet across the South, Central and London areas. This includes, Airport based bowser assets at Heathrow and Gatwick.
As the Fleet Manager ideally you would have a background as a Vehicle Technician. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in a leadership role, preferably as a Workshop Foreman.
This role is office based in Southampton, covering our fleet across all depots and supply terminals. The role will include regularly visiting depot locations to provide technical advice, ensuring compliance of the company's obligations under 'O' licencing law.
Fleet management including minor repairs, servicing, inspections, and full maintenance programme is scheduled and completed efficiently.
Responsibilities of Fleet Manager:
- Manage the daily fleet availability for the respective depots
- Analyse and minimise key operational risks to ensure compliance in all areas of legal responsibility.
- Continually develop vehicle specifications to reduce operational risk and environmental impact.
- Manage suppliers with regular review meetings to ensure compliance cost control and service level agreements are maintained.
- Manage the introduction of new assets and disposal of older assets within the operation to maintain age and use policies.
- Through the sites team ensure manual handling equipment is maintained to the agreed scheduling and legal standards are achieved
- Support the supply sites to achieve fleet revenue budgets and operational efficiencies.
- Work on innovative projects to ensure sustainability and reliability of the fleet.
- Oversee the technical asset audits of the commercial fleet and manual handling equipment to agreed schedules.
- Support Operational Managers in their efforts to ensure we have a safe and compliant fleet
- Demonstrable experience of managing a vehicle fleet
- Proficient in managing workshop operations and maintaining high safety and quality standards.
- Knowledge and experience in managing and maintaining a fleet of vehicles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and rectify mechanical and logistical issues swiftly.
- Leadership skills to motivate, guide, and manage the workshop team.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understanding of industry regulations and standards
- Hold Certificate of Professional competence in National Road Haulage Operations
- ADR (bulk and In-Tanks).
- Full driving licence
Good to have:
- Fuel Industry knowledge would be advantageous but not a necessity
- Transport background
In return for joining us as our Fleet Manager you will receive:
Competitive industry salary
25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
Merit and Promotion opportunities annually.
Life Assurance 4 x basic salary
Contributory Pension, 4.5% Employer contribution
Employee Perks portal, GP helpline and assistance programmesPlease forward your CV in the first instance.