Job Title: Head of Ship Delivery
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline, Rosyth + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Attractive Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55293
At Babcock, we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as Head of Ship Delivery at our Rosyth site where you'll lead the delivery of the Type 31/ Inspiration class of warships.
The Type 31 Frigate will be at the heart of the Royal Navy's surface fleet, deterring aggression and maintaining the security of the UK's interests. They will work alongside the UK's Allies to deliver a warship presence across the globe and enable a forward naval presence.
As the Head of Ship Delivery, you will have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be accountable for the organisation and oversight of all whole ship Outfit activities and leadership, coordination and integration, ensuring a smooth transition from ship construction activity into and through outfitting, test and commissioning phases through to Customer acceptance.
Day-to-day, you will lead and deliver on all aspects within Ship Managers, Commissioning Managers, Quality Control Managers and Completions Managers scope of the delivery team. You will provide visible leadership for all personnel in the team, offering appropriate guidance and direction to meet the successful delivery of agreed targets and milestones. You'll drive improvements in productivity whilst growing and implementing improvements in the Safety and Quality culture on the Type 31 programme.
- Manage and regularly review the Delivery organisation to ensure alignment to and delivery of Programme cost and schedule to agreed scope and quality
- Delivery of all physical work and related acceptance documentation in CMS for the Outfit scope of work
- Drive a Quality learning culture, recognising Best Practice, and ensuring continuous implementation of improvement ideas
- Responsible for enabling and developing improved productivity across all Type 31 personnel
- Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project delivery, to enable all safety, functional, quality, and other programme requirements are be delivered in a cost effective and timely manner
- Ensure utilisation levels are managed and maximised across all areas of the outfitting Delivery teams
- Lead, develop and motivate team to ensure they are aware of and take personal accountability to deliver programme milestones
- Provide insight, advice, and recommendation to lead team.
This role is full time 37 hours per week and will be based at Rosyth n Scotland with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Head of Ship Delivery:
- Ideally, demonstrable capability and experience in successful ship build programmes with an operations/ production management bias
- Demonstration of a prominent level of understanding in project management and controls process, tools and techniques across complex projects
- Proven capability in successfully leading multi-discipline teams, including major sub-contractors
- Senior level experience in change management, cost control & earned value management and planning & budgeting experience
- Ability to influence at all levels within a large complex programme
- Ability to develop, lead and inspire a team, to meet and exceed programme deliverables
- Demonstrable ability to operate at a strategic level, balanced with a capability to examine the detail when required.
Qualifications for the Head of Ship Delivery:
- Relevant Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Technical trade or engineering based background
- Membership of a recognised professional institution
- Demonstrable experience in project/programme delivery at a senior management level
- Leadership and change management in multi discipline environment.
You must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century, Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.