Our well established client who provide housing services is looking for a Property Repairs and Maintenance Operative to cover North London.
Reporting to the Head of Property, you will be responsible for undertaking both responsive and planned maintenance tasks to properties within the business. You will be required to carry out repair/installation as necessary. This role involves working from home with daily travel to carry out repairs and maintenance in the properties where Service Users reside.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Carry out tasks in occupied and empty properties such as the following:
- Plumbing:Carry out a range of plumbing repairs and minor installations.
- Carpentry:Carry out a range of carpentry and joinery repairs and installations including installation and/or repair of various windows, doors and frames, UPVC components, framed ledged & braced, ledged and braced and internal plywood doors; fences, soffits, fascia and bargeboards. Joinery work including the fitting of and/or repair to architraves, skirting bath panel and frames, the fitting of kitchen units and worktops, the fitting and repair of double glazed units, locks, floorboards, and stud walls.
- Plastering:Patch plastering
- Painting & Decorating:Carry out a range of painting and redecoration tasks including prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding and steam cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant. Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
- Groundwork:Carry out a range of groundwork, fencing and clearance repairs and renewals
*Previous property repair and maintenance experience
*Good communication skills both verbal and written
*Able to work independently or as part of a team
*Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
*High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
SALARY, BENEFITS AND HOURS:
- £28,000 increasing to £31,468.00 after 6 month probation
- A company van can be provided, or if you have your own van, you will receive a £4,000 allowance.
- 33 holiday package (25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays)
- Life Cover (2 x basic salary)
- Employer pension contribution (4% employer, 4% employee)
- Mileage expenses (claimable from home)
- Laptop/Phone/other equipment if required as part of job role
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral Scheme
- Westfield Health Membership (offering cashback on health services plus discounts for retailers and gym memberships)
- Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
The successful applicant will need a driving licence, their own tools and will be required to undertake a satisfactory DBS check in line with their job role.
Interested in this permanent role, covering the North London area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.