An exciting vacancy has become available for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Hours: Full time
To assist in maintaining commercial control of Direct Labour, Subcontractors, Plant, Material, Consumable and Administration costs and Project Valuation; cost control and cost management and the validation of progress data to ensure accurate reporting to clients and central.
- Experience in a similar role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of NEC 3 & 4 Contracts
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Use of Microsoft Office applications - intermediate knowledge of Excel
- UK Driving License
- Preferably Working towards Diploma or Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Knowledge, understanding and administration of respective entitlements and obligations under the main contract and sub-contracts.
- Administration of contract records.
- Assisting the management of sub-contract payments including negotiation of subcontract variations and monitoring and reconciliation of contra-charge accounts.
- Collation of accurate information for monthly cost/ value reconciliations and contract reviews.
- Audit, agreement, and reconciliation of measurements against systemised actuals.
- Weekly cost / value report generations.
- Assist with target cost generation.
- Assist with the production of financial and statistical reports as required.
- Close liaison with, and provision of assistance to, operational and support staff.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days annual leave
- Car allowance
For further information and full job spec, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07483 955525