Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer
Location: Ashton Vale, Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55542
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal Systems Engineer at our Ashton House, Bristol site.
As a Principal Systems Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will lead the technical activity in the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) domain of our Mission Systems business to ensure the delivery of outstanding capability to our customer.
Day to day, you'll own all Engineering output and ensure quality of our offering through the implementation of a robust Systems Engineering approach.
- You will assume the lead architect role for projects, managing requirements for new tasks, ensuring appropriate solutions are designed and implemented that can be tested and validated to meet our customers' expectations.
- You will work closely with the Systems Engineering team and other discipline to ensure capability of In-Service support. This includes the provision of engineering fixes to emergent problems, particularly where design change may be required.
- You will be responsible for liaison with our large stakeholder community to ensure smooth implementation of any required mid-life design changes.
This role is full time at 37-hours per week and will be based at Ashton House with hybrid working from home arrangements of one to two days per week. There is also the possibility that you may need to travel to Plymouth once or twice a month.
Essential experience of the Principal Systems Engineer:
- You will have the ability to confidently take a leading role in a technical team that often can span multiple disciplines, organisations, agencies and customers.
- You will be innovative, bringing big ideas and solving complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
- You will have demonstrable experience in leading and managing Systems Engineering in accordance with ISO15288.
- Ideally you will have experience working within defence and supported C4ISR systems.
Knowledge of the MoD procurement process, including the CADMID lifecycle is highly desirable.
- Experience within one of the following areas would be highly desirable Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR), SIGINT, GEOINT, IMINT, Military communications and networks, Electronic Warfare systems or Command and Control systems.
Qualifications for the Principal Systems Engineer:
- Degree level qualified within an Engineering Discipline
- Systems Engineering certifications or qualifications.
- Chartered Engineer status with a relevant professional body or have a demonstrable plan to achieve within a defined timescale.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive up to ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.