Job Title: Quality Controller
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Compensation: £33,784 - £39,663 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55467
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Quality Controller at our Rosyth site.
As a Quality Controller, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will ensure fine tolerances for machine parts for missile tubes.
Day to day, you'll be the final contact with the customer regarding completed parts before they are packaged and shipped.
- Confirm parts are identified and traceable to certification.
- Visual inspection of parts to verify conformance.
- Dimensional Inspection of precision machined parts against approved drawings and specifications using manual measuring equipment (gauges, micrometres etc.)
- Carry out in-process, final and packaging inspections of boxed parts.
- Witness functional testing of mechanical assemblies.
This role is full time, 37 hours per week and will be based at Rosyth.
Essential experience of the Quality Controller:
- Previous experience in mechanical quality role
- Familiar with the use of all inspection and gauging including but not limited to; micrometres, dial indicators, Vernier callipers, height gauges, internal and external thread gauges, ID/OD mics, bore gauges etc.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerancing (GDT) standards is beneficial
Qualifications for the Quality Controller:
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that this position is subject to national security vetting. The successful candidate must be able to able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 13/02/2024