Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Bristol or Plymouth + Hybrid
Compensation: Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55351
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Systems Engineer at either our Bristol or Plymouth sites.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Mission Systems forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock International. You will work collaboratively in a team of multi discipline engineers, subject matter experts and the customer to mature and develop creative solutions for our current and future clients.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for leading the Model Based System Engineering for the successful delivery of the projects. This will include establishing and owning models and frameworks, developing architectures, and providing subject matter expertise and guidance to the wider team. You will have the opportunity to support two major programmes of work as well several smaller UK and international opportunities.
- Apply model-based systems engineering for program development.
- Provide technical guidance and governance to a growing team.
- Conduct use case analysis for requirements derivation.
- Undertake top-down system design, exploring architectural options and completing trade-off studies.
- Translate system requirements into subsystem requirements and interface definitions.
- Lead technical meetings with internal/external stakeholders to agree on solution options.
- Collaborate with implementation and verification/validation teams for a fully compliant system.
- Plan and execute demonstrations and trials.
- Provide technical reporting of key findings and recommendations.
This role is full time, 37-hours per week, Monday to Friday. The role is adaptable and can be based at various sites, including Ashton Vale, Bristol or Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth with a hybrid working from home arrangement.
Essential experience of the Senior Systems Engineer:
We are seeking someone who can create and manage interfaces, specifications and certificates, producing boundary views and identifying ownership across the System of Interest (SoI), Wider Systems of Interest (WSoI) and its environment.
- High proficiency in Model Based Systems Engineering lifecycle demonstrating a good understanding of the v-model, waterfall and agile development lifecycles.
- Experience in engineering gate reviews and design compliance assessment.
- Expertise in MBSE processes, tools and languages such as Cameo System Modeler, MATLAB, Simulink or SysML.
- Familiarity with IBM DOORS for requirements development and management.
- Desirable to understand passive/active Electronic Warfare detection and offensive Cyber and Electromagnetic Activities.
Qualifications for the Senior Systems Engineer:
- HNC/HND or Degree level educated within an engineering discipline.
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that this position is subject to national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.