Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Up to £42,245 DOE + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53693
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Accountant at our Plymouth site.
As a Project Accountant, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary; providing accurate and timely financial information and advice relating to all areas of responsibility, to the Business Unit and Project Managers to enable them to exercise effective financial control, over the area to maximise value for money, cashflow and profitability.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for the production of monthly Project Status Packs, for management reviews in conjunction with the respective Project Teams. These packs are also to be prepared on a quarterly basis for Senior Management review:
- Production and analysis of accounts in accordance with the issued monthly timetable.
- Maintain the integrity of data that supports the accounts maintaining full audit trails for both internal and external audit purposes.
- Raising customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and management information requirements.
- Production of Cost Certificates / statements for MoD in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
This role is a full-time position, 36 hours a week, and will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard, with a hybrid working from home arrangement. The expectation is to work onsite at least three days per week.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential Experience of the Project Accountant:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Sound technical knowledge.
- Experience of IFS and / or Business Analytics, is an advantage but, not essential.
Qualifications for the Project Accountant:
- Ideally, you'll hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent / similar. If you're not full qualified, you must have suitable experience to compensate.
Please note that this position is subject to national security vetting. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.