Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
Compensation: £24,304.29 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54904
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Aircraft Handler at our RAF Northolt site.
As an Aircraft Handler, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. We're looking for someone who is dynamic, ambitious, and eager to portray the professional image of The Northolt Visiting Aircraft Support Section.
Day to day, you'll service the visiting aircraft as required, as well as:
- Ensure all safety elements and inspection of visiting aircraft are carried out.
- Maintain and clean as required.
This role is full time and based onsite at RAF Northolt.
Essential experience of the Aircraft Handler:
- Understanding of health and safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Someone who is performance driven - with a desire to make significant contribution/impact and can work independently and as an active team member.
- An individual who has a passion for creating a great people experience and enabling a diverse and high performing culture.
- Full UK driving licence, essential.
Qualifications for the Aircraft Handler:
- Normal colour perception graded as CP2.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 13/02/2024