Our well-established client, who is a Utility Services Business, is looking for a Mains Replacement Supervisor to work in their Mains Renewal department.
You will report to the Project Manager and be site-based across London and South East, working out of their Hackney Depot.
To supervise construction activities that take place on a day-to-day basis at various mains renewal sites. To ensure the successful completion of the works under your supervision, and that all activities undertaken on site are carried out to the highest practicable health, safety, and quality standards. To ensure that works are delivered to programme delivery dates.
- Provide, monitor, and control, labour, plant, and materials to meet the programme.
- Monitor and instruct Subcontractor and Direct workforce, identifying training requirements and ensuring only trained, competent, and authorised persons are completing assigned tasks and operating equipment and plant.
- Ensure delivery of briefings, including start of shift, method statements, risk assessments, and regular toolbox talks covering appropriate health, safety, and environmental issues, are recorded and understood by your teams.
- To ensure that permits are received and completed.
- Interpret and apply engineering drawings
- Ensure hazardous materials are stored, handled, used, and disposed of in accordance with the COSHH assessment.
- Report all health and safety incidents, including near misses and injuries, immediately, and assist with any incident investigations.
- Comply with environmental legislation and company procedures.
- Monitor quality standards on site, ensuring a high standard of work to meet the specification requirements 'first time' and minimise rework.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post.
- Must hold a current UK Driving Licence
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
- EUSR National Water Hygiene
- NRSWA Supervisor (Essential)
- Confined Space Trained (Desirable)
- Up to £50,000
- 45 hours per week
- 25 days annual leave
- Long Service Scheme
- Company Van
- Access to Peoples Pension scheme after 3 months service
- Access to Group Pension Scheme after completion of one years service
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover if joining pension scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme & Medicash after successful completion of probation
- CSR Programme (3 days supported per annum)
- Continuous Development Opportunities
Interested in this permanent role, site-based across London and the South East. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.