Manpower Supply Chain is working with an existing client who specialises in Manufacturing components for the Motorsport and Aerospace industries.
The company is looking for an expereinced CNC Turner-Setter to join their successful team. The purpose of the role is to accurately set and run CNC turning machines in order to manufacture complex high variety, low volume components for a number of industries.
The company is looking for a candidate who has been apprentice trained in Engineering with at least 2 years of experience working in a CNC engineering manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Read, understand and examine engineering drawings and specifications to determine appropriate method, sequence of operations and machine setting.
- Select and fix work-holding devices and appropriate cutting, shaping, and/or forming tools and tips.
- Set machine controls for rotation speeds, depth of cut and stroke, and adjust bar feed, stops and guides.
- Instruct operator on the safe and correct method of operation of the machine,
- Self-inspect to customer required tolerances.
- Accurately select tooling and use measuring equipment.
- Work in accordance with the standards required by the company and their customers,
- Problem solve and work often on own initiative.
- Carry out regular coolant and oil level checks.
- Continue to help/improve work environment and carry out housekeeping duties in line with 5S.
Please click "apply now" or call Samantha Edwards for further information on 07772 339415