Are you an experienced maintenance engineer with sound knowledge of Motors/Drives, Gearbox/transmissions, and PLC's?
Can you commit to working 4 on, 4 off, 2 days, 2 nights (6-6)?
Manpower UK Print & Packaging Division are currently working on behalf of one of our valued partners, to assist them in finding a maintenance shift engineer to join their close-knit team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your role will:
- Offer emergency breakdown response to production machinery and equipment and any other supporting equipment and services as required
- Carry out regular planned maintenance, as per the schedule
- Provide ideas and suggestions on how to improve all aspects of engineering on site
- Fill in accurately all records and documentation relating to planned or unplanned maintenance of the equipment
- Support and assist members of the site management team with regards to maximising machine utilisation
- Ensure that all mechanical/electrical repairs, plus maintenance to all services, machinery and equipment are actioned
- Closely monitor performance of all production equipment, note any problem areas or recurring faults, offer ideas for improvements, and carry out any agreed modifications as necessary
- Ensure that all items removed from the stores are accounted for and relevant records are filled in
- Maintain a safe system of work and risk assessments throughout the course of day-to-day duties
- Organise external service engineers and contractors and ensure that all contractors adopt safe systems of work
Key Results Areas/Outputs
- Adherence to Planned Maintenance Schedule 90%
- 100% of Log sheets completed fully and accurately
- Unplanned machine downtime at 10% reduction over previous year.
- HNC in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Time served recognised apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance
- NVQ level 3 in maintenance operations or equivalent
Apply today for a member of the team to review your details and book in a call at a time convenient to you!