Location: Middlesbrough TS2 1SF
Pay Rate: £13.80
Shift times: 13:00pm to 21:00pm
Work 5 days out of 7 (7.5 hours a day)
Duration: TEMP ONGOING
(own transport if preferred as the site is difficult, experience working in Transport office is essential)
The role is responsible for the monitoring of the live performance of the distribution teams against planned activity. The role holder will react quickly to unplanned changes during the working day, will react and make strong decisions to ensure the days plan remains efficient and meets customer expectations. The purpose of the role is to enhance the customer experience through being clear with customer service colleagues on the days progress.
The role is responsible for overseeing the national distribution picture, dealing with vehicle breakdowns, customer run outs, driver absenteeism, redirecting drivers when a call is aborted and making the right decisions to ensure the plan continues to be executed, efficiently whilst meeting customers' expectations.
As part of the Transport Planning team, reporting into the Transport Planning Supervisor, you will work closely the schedulers, customer services and distribution teams to ensure communication lines are clear and strong with all parties working towards the same result each day.
- Experience of working in a Fulfilment/ transport office environment is essential.
- A clear communicator who is comfortable with face to face, telephone or email communications
- A process orientated individual who is always looking for continuous improvements to processes and track outputs.
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to deliver high levels of customer experience through effective route planning and teamwork.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where you need to make decisions quickly and concisely balancing efficiency and customer experience.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills you will with drivers, site leaders, customer experience teams & senior management.
- An individual who is a change agent and able to drive forward changes to process and technology to support the overall vision for transport planning.
- A working knowledge of the importance of safety in the organization and how the effective planning of routes can support an improvement in Calor GB's safety measures.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work individually and as part of a team to critically evaluate process performance & their contribution.
- The liaison between customer services and distribution teams providing updates on events such as customer run outs, vehicle breakdowns and driver's absenteeism in order to manage customer expectation.
- Able to react quickly to unforeseen changes in the pre agreed plan, making decisions that result in cost efficiencies remaining whilst customer expectation remains unaffected.
- Prepare analysis & reports to show the progress of the distribution plan during the shift and highlight any challenges to senior management across Operations and Sales, clearly displaying progress made on the plan during the shift.
- Continually improve the master data used in the scheduling process to improve customer experience & efficiency of routes through communicating to the National Distribution teams to update customer data and complete driver debriefs.
- Make decisions on short term constraints that require changes in schedules that balance the customer experience, operational efficiencies and potential revenues through orders fulfilled.
- Contribute to the Fulfilment Safety agenda by reducing the risk to our drivers by considering planning alternative routes based on incident & monitoring of driving performance, improving customer master data about customer premises & planning of driver breaks etc to support Health & Wellbeing.