Job Title: Pre-Operations Programme Administrator
Working Hours: 40 hours per week generally Monday - Friday
Hybrid - mostly Full Time on site but some opportunity to Work from Home
Holidays - 28 plus 8 - to be accrued on a weekly basis
Job Purpose / Overview
The Pre-Operations Programme Administrator plays a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of the Technical & Safety Support Programme Areas and supporting the broader management team. The incumbent is expected to proactively manage office operations, cater to senior stakeholder needs, and handle additional responsibilities such as financial data collection and data entry. Additionally, the role may involve supporting the Training Centre.
As part of the Pre-Operations team, the role focuses on preparing personnel, equipment, facilities, and documentation for the commencement of electricity generation at Hinkley Point C. Specifically assigned to the Technical and Safety Support programme, this position involves collaborating with a Programme Manager and contributing to three key programs: Operate the Plant, Asset Management, and Technical and Safety Support.
This role demands strong organisational and administrative skills with a focus on:
- Ensuring confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Complying with health, safety, and environmental requirements
- Working independently and proactively
- Effective communication across various organisational levels
- Managing diverse and challenging inquiries
Daily interactions will include managers, peers, clients, and close coordination with other Administrators.
- Coordinate meetings, room bookings, travel arrangements, and hospitality logistics
- Manage diaries and itineraries
- Prepare meeting materials and document minutes for key business meetings
- Maintain accessible and organised data/records
- Ensure confidentiality of information
- Keep in touch with remote team members and address issues promptly
- Respond to telephone/email inquiries from external parties
- Prepare professional letters and documents
- Provide reception coverage in the Training Centre
This role is based at the HPC Site, supporting Pre-Operations Programme areas. It involves communication and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge & Skills (Essential)
- Strong organisational skills with flexibility, methodical approach, and proactive mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across various organisational levels
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Flexible approach, capable of multitasking and working proactively
- Previous experience in team support
- Discretion and ability to handle sensitive information
- Attention to detail and effective task management
- General administrative knowledge and adaptability to new systems
- Proficiency in Outlook or similar diary/email applications, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point
Note: This job description is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and activities; additional tasks may be assigned as needed.