An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip company, responsible for the manufacture of PG Tips, is currently recruiting a Shift Engineer, based in Trafford Park, Manchester. This is a full-time, temporary role for a period of 6 months, with the possibility that this will be extended.
This role will include 3 rotating shifts to include nights, paying £23.13 per hour and all shifts will have to be worked on a rotating weekly pattern
- Early Shifts: 6:50am to 2.00pm, or 06:50 to 3:00pm.
- Late Shifts: 1:50pm to 10:00pm
- Night Shifts: 9:50pm to 7:00am
To ensure the production facility is operating at optimum speed and efficiency producing excellent quality product by maintaining, repairing, and improving plant, and equipment.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:Safety
- Ensure Company safety policy, rules and procedures are understood and followed on all tasks and improvements.
- To ensure H&S compliance relating to maintenance tasks
- Ensure statutory maintenance activities are planned and managed effectively.
- Perform risk assessment as appropriate.
- Take part in regular inspections/audits for good housekeeping/6S and machine safety and ensure agreed action are completed.
- Assist in the identification of critical control points on the equipment and that they can be inspected according to QM procedures. Ensure that these requirements are included in the maintenance schedules.
- Ensure calibration programmes are effectively defined and managed.
- Improve reliability of machines with engineering solutions
- Improve performance of machines by development of maintenance tasks
- Fault finding and being able to quickly get to root cause of the problem.
- Eliminate repeated faults.
Lead small improvement projects.
- Document solutions achieved.
Document all repairs and changes to equipment in line with company procedures.Keen to coach, develop and motivate others.
- Communicate problems, solutions, and options clearly and succinctly.
- Inform all relevant people.
- Draw information from internal and external sources.
Open to self-development
- Identify regular maintenance tasks that can generally be done by others.
Actively monitor and develop own skills and competencies in line with requirements.Ensure cost effectiveness of any repair or maintenance activity.
Maximise effectiveness of plant and equipment through prioritising own work
To be flexible in proactively supporting other areas of the factory when priorities demand. (Looking at the big picture - where am I most needed)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
There are several individuals and teams that Engineers will have contact with including.
- Engineering Manager
- Shift Technician
- Unit Managers
- Other Engineers
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 years minimum practical experience in maintenance/engineering
- Good communication skills
- Basic level of computer literacy
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and data from different sources and media.
- Ability to fault find on electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic machinery.
- Experience of high-speed packing machinery
Minimum level 3 qualification in mechanical engineering plus minimum level 2 in electrical skills. Those working towards would be considered in a development role until qualifications are completed (further skills development towards level 3 in both areas should be expected)
- Training in TPM tools and techniques