Job Title: Senior Quality Control Inspector - PAUT
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Compensation: £39,879 - £46,471
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55432
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Quality Control Inspector at our Rosyth site.
As a Senior Quality Control Inspector - PAUT, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will support the Quality Manager in ensuring the T31 Royal Navy Frigate quality and governance objectives are met by inspections of the ships' structures.
Day to day, you'll manage the inspection test report (ITR) inspection regime and maintain completion records within CMS, as well as:
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing Structural inspection and acceptance of ship structures
- Provide close liaison with Lloyds Register (LR) and other inspection and verification bodies as required.
- Manage and coordinate LR inspections and co-ordinating their inspection diary.
- Develop team knowledge and use of PAUT equipment
- Where qualified, carry out magnetic particle, Liquid Penetrant or Ultrasonic inspection welds and components
This role is full time and based onsite at Rosyth.
Experience required of the Senior Quality Control Inspector
- An excellent knowledge of quality control requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing
- Proven experience of conducting PAUT inspections
- Knowledge of marine structures advantageous
- Proven knowledge of the practices and standards associated with NDT
- Ability to interpret drawings
Qualifications required for the Senior Quality Control Inspector
- Qualified to a recognised trade standard (Marine / Mechanical Engineering / Naval Architecture) and a relevant academic level (HNC/SVQ Level 3).
- Minimum PCN Level 2 in PAUT
- MT, PT and UT (3.8/3.9) preferable
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.