Location: Rosyth, Fife
Compensation: Up to £45,950.00 (Possibility of overtime and shift allowance uplift)
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Welding Technician at our Rosyth site.
As a Welding Technician, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of materials in unique and exciting applications, whilst being supported in gaining Professional Registration to the UK Engineering Council.
Day to day, you'll ensure that safe working practices and the working environment is in accordance with Company Policy, be informed / familiar with project specifications and workmanship standards and able to guide industrial workforce on executing tasks successfully.
You will also be responsible for:
- Working in conjunction with Babcock's Weld Quality Management System to ensure quality practices are followed.
- Input for the generation of welding procedures and associated aspects, which will require working closely with Welding Engineering, Skilled Welders and practical management of welding equipment/consumables.
- The authoring of technical engineering reports for welding processes/techniques.
- Liaising and working with Welding Engineers, Production Management/Supervision, QA/QC, NDT and Production Planning to ensure a co-ordinated team approach.
This role is full time, 37 hours per week, and will be based onsite at Rosyth.
Essential experience of the Welding Technician:
- Experienced in the following processes: GTAW (TIG), GMAW (MAG), FCAW, SMAW (MMA), controlled preheating.
- Experienced in Shipbuilding/Ship repair (desirable).
- Experience of mechanised/automated welding techniques.
- Experienced in monitoring and recording weld procedure testing parameters with the use of measurement equipment, including Amp/Voltmeter, Thermocouple/Digital Thermometer, Portable Arc Monitoring Systems (PAMS).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel packages.
Qualifications for the Welding Technician:
- Served a recognised Welding/Fabrication apprenticeship.
- HNC or equivalent (City & Guilds, SVQ/NVQ Level 4) in Welding/Fabrication.
- Ideally PCN Level 2 / CSWIP 3.1 or equivalent in Welding Inspection (leading to SNT-TC-1A VT Level II.
- European Welding Specialist or Technologist or willing to work towards these qualifications.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 06/02/2024