Job Title: Ship Systems Controls Trainer
Location: Gosport, Hampshire
Compensation: £35,847 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55690
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Ship Systems Controls Trainer at our HMS Sultan site.
As a Ship Systems Controls Trainer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll deliver high quality practical and theoretical training in Electronic Control systems on behalf of Defence College of Technical Training Electro-Mechanical Training Contract in line with Company standards and contractual requirements.
Day to day, you'll deliver electronic principles training to engineers at the start of their engineering career, deliver theoretical and laboratory based practical training and support training outputs along with Royal Navy and Civil Service colleagues.
- Management of trainees in their care
- Delivering training as documented in the course Learning Specifications
- Marking of Exams
- Support to trainees who may have specific learning issues (training given)
- Maintenance of the training and exam documentation to reflect current awarding body and legislative requirements.
This role is full time 37-hours per week and will be based at HMS Sultan.
Essential experience of the Ship Systems Controls Trainer:
- Significant experience in an engineering role
- Good knowledge of IT systems especially Power Point and be willing to learn new IT based support programmes
- Be confident and outgoing
Qualifications for the Ship Systems Controls Trainer:
- Minimum Level 3 Electronic Engineering qualification.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 08/02/2024